Good Bye Macbook Pro, hello Mac Mini!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Mar 3, 2009.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

In this economic depression (sorry I still think its depression and not recession so that the news may try to make everyone feel better) that I'm going to say good bye to my 2.53ghz unibody macbook pro.

I'm going to be selling it off and hopefully can scrounge up about $2200ish and buy the lowest end mac mini at $599.

I really wanted a macbook from the start because its cheaper + I dont really need the portability at all. I wanted a macbook to just use in closed shell mode but it has no fw.. and of course the previous gen mac mini has no fw either and the specs were god awful.

But now, wow its exactly what I wanted. Basically its like the lowest end macbook without a screen that has fw800!

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Hmmm, good points. I wish they offered an ATI BTO option but regardless the mini is definitely more appealing now!

Cheers,

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

What's this now? The 20th time you've changed machine?

I can't remember where the sweep was, I think I had money on 11 times... :D

4. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Or you know, you could keep what you've got and enjoy it....

5. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

yea thats cool man i think if money is a little tight and you need a new mac. the mac mini is deff. a good way to go. i hope it works out for you man

6. AR15MBP macrumors regular

yeah you could rock one of those, with a 22" or 24" screen, some good speakers, and have a sweet setup for a lot cheaper.

7. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

You'll be missing the advantage of sleeping with a computer very night after a long day job. :D

8. apolloa macrumors 604

apolloa

Well I'll say congratulations mate. I would also keep the Mini, it's one those computers you'll always find a use for and as you said it's a Mac Book with Fire Wire, plus more USB ports. What spec are you going to go for? If it uses laptop hard drives still then you can stick a 7200rpm 500GB one it it. Happy day's.