Good C&Cesque games

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Bad Panda, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Bad Panda macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I've just finished Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars and just on the lookout for something along similar lines. I'm working from home, so being able to work-dodge whilst keeping my mind sharp is quite handy. C&C3 was quite engaging and the whole sci-fi setup really worked for me. Also, lets face it, blowing stuff up on such a massive scale is always fun.

Has any one got any recommendations of similar style games, with a sci-fi spin (or without)? I haven't played any other C&C games, so let me know if you've played any of the older ones too. Cheers.

2. 2112 macrumors member

3. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

C&C Generals and Zero Hour expansion are very fun. You can play as a mainstream Terrorist group, the U.S., or China. My favorite units are the large helicopters and heavy tanks for China, the jet bombers and snipers in the U.S. After playing C&C III, I really missed Generals.

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

C&C: Red Alert was awesome. You can download legally for free these days and run it on DosBox.

5. lanervoza macrumors member

how does this work?

6. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

If you go with C&C: Generals: Zero Hour, make sure you download the Shockwave mod. It's basically the game EA should have released.

7. Bad Panda thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tips. I'll grab one of the older Command and Conquer titles and get stuck in :D