Good calendar/schedule reminder application

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HelloMotto, Jan 10, 2009.

1. HelloMotto macrumors newbie

Im looking for an app that is like calendar and save schedules and remind with alarm. Does such app exist? I have a really good scheduling app but it dosent have an alarm feature for reminder :(.

2. sahnert macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

The built-in calendar app works great for me for these purposes. Have you tried it yet?

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

seconds that

4. oliver131977 macrumors newbie

Me too!

I'm after the same thing, with no luck. On 'Schedule Reminder' application, there is an entry which seems to come from the designer, saying: "Because iPhone SDK not release the API to alert from any screen (background running) ye, there are no apps with this funcion, but we keep it very simple to use, just add adn delete your daily events."

I don't really understand what this means, but seems to suggest what we're after isn't out there, which I find hard to believe. This app only seems to alert when the application is opened!! Please e-mail me if you have any luck finding an app that will always alert on any screen. Many thanks.

5. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

Take a look at the free version of Sai Suke. No alarms but it has a couple of neat features that the built in calendar doesn't
    When you put in an appointment, you can read it's name on the month view of the calendar (or at least as much as will fit) as opposed to a little dot on the Touch calendar. You can make appointments different colors-- I use red for really urgent ones, etc.
    Also, you can search for appointments so if you don't remember when your dentist appointment is,for example, you can search to find it.
    For free, I think it's a good upgrade.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You are right that what you are looking for is not available. This is because Apple doesn't allow it. Only Apple apps are allowed to run in the background. So the Touch's native calendar app does provide pop-up notifications, but none of the calendar apps you get from the app store can do that. This situation won't change until Apple changes its policy.

7. krausj2 macrumors newbie

Syncing the calendar?

I'm sorry if I'm asking something that others have answered clearly elsewhere, but I'm still confused about how best to sync my itouch calendar with my desktop.

All that I really want is to be able to enter appointments in the desktop or to the itouch and then to sync them so that each contains the most recent additions. I don't need an alarm function, just the ability to check my calendar on the itouch even when I have no wireless signal.

I'm told that I should be able to do that with Outlook on my desktop, but my work doesn't support Outlook. Is there something else out there, something that approaches the one-touch syncing of my old Palm?

thanks