Good Call on the new name iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MagnumJoe, Mar 7, 2012.

1. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

I want to give praise to the Apple team naming the new iPad... "iPad". Instead of naming it the iPad3, iPad2s or iPadHD. Does it really matter what the product is call? If it works, if its simple, people are going to buy it. Simple as that.

2. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

later this year, it will be "the new iPhone".

3. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I personally think it's an oversight. It's going to be very important when people decide to sell them. As of right now, we have and iPad, iPad 2 and an iPad.Tell me, which one of the iPads is which? It SHOULD be called the iPad HD. :mad:

4. rosemary1 macrumors regular

I completely agree.

So maybe now they'll drop the number on the next iPhone, and just make it generation 6.

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

It's the freaking 3rd gen iPad.

People sell Macs just fine. People sell iPods just fine. There's no such thing as a Macbook Air 2 or an iPod touch 3.

6. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

It'll be called the iPad 3rd generation (or iPad 3, 3rd Gen iPad) when reselling. Simple as that.

7. WytRaven macrumors 6502

Is it not obvious why they have done this? The next iPhone will definitely drop the number too.

Did you miss the iPhone4S/5 debacle caused by the rumour mill? People so desperately disappointed that it was "just a 4S" and not a 5 as if the numbers mattered some how.

Drop the numbers and it's just the next iPhone or iPad which makes so much more sense and avoids weird situations like that surrounding the iPhone 4S release.

8. MR1324 macrumors 6502

yup i am glad they are going back to simply 'ipad' or 'iphone.' apple is known for their simplicity, so i am surprised they even used a number scheme for as long as they did. those that care about different generations can look it up and those that don't usually just buy what is available at the store.