Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arcadia310

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
I'm currently driving a Honda Civic and want to get a decent setup so I can play music with my iPad (don't have an iPhone yet) and possibly have a dock for it in the car. My Honda is completely stock and doesn't have an auxiliary port. Should I replace the entire radio system or just buy a special component that will play music from the iPad? I'm looking to spend around $100 for something that just does the job, I'm not looking for anything too fancy yet. If you guys have any cool ways to dock the iPad in the car, I'm all ears! Thanks!

Last edited:

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Ugh, I've been struggling with getting a proper, not over-the-top expensive way, to get an iPad non-permanantly mounted to the car. The issue is, it's so different for each car.

johneaston

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
Shouldn't your title be a question rather than a statement? I clicked on this thread thinking I'd be seeing a 'good car set-up'.

Had it been posted as a question I'd have known I couldn't help and wouldn't have bothered!

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Shouldn't your title be a question rather than a statement? I clicked on this thread thinking I'd be seeing a 'good car set-up'.

Had it been posted as a question I'd have known I couldn't help and wouldn't have bothered!

Haha, I agree! But hopefully he'll edit it and we can start some helpful discussion on the topic.

Hopefully I'll see someone with a solution for a Ford Ranger pickup lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.