Good case with built in port covers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by webslinger85, May 27, 2012.

1. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Title pretty much says it all. I work in a dusty/dirty environment, and need something to keep the ports sealed. Lifeproof is out of the question because of price, and i switch cases often. Defender/Survivor are out because they're too bulky. The only other case i can think of is the Commuter, but i'm not too fond of the style of it

So my requirements are

-Not too bulky, id like to somewhat retain the asthetics of the phone
    -Nothing removable (for example, Switcheasy)
    -Nothing too high in price.

Any help would be appreciated

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

What's your price range? The $15 Griffin Explorer seems like a steal. It's less bulky than the Survivor.
    http://store.griffintechnology.com/explorer

3. webslinger85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Under $30 preferably

That price is pretty good, but still a bit too bulky. I was looking at the 2012 version of the Explorer yesterday, and man it's ugly.

4. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure that this is what you are looking for, but I ran across a thread on here awhile back when I was looking to replace my PS air jacket that had broke and I have been very happy so far. It's called Zum Gelee, which has flaps over the dock connector and headphone, its cheap and its not bulky at all. So, it meets all 3 of your requirements. You can get it from Amazon for $12.99 with free shipping if you have prime. Best of luck!

http://www.amazon.com/ZUM-GELEE-CLE...P17E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338265805&sr=8-1

Also, I found the thread that I originally ran across that convinced me to buy the case.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1316598

5. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

Its out of your budget, but if you're looking for something thats a sealed unit you might want to check out the Lifeproof case.

6. daemonite macrumors member

use a normal case but buy port plugs (little silicone plug for the headphone and a bigger one for the dock connector)...i got my port plugs on ebay for less than a dollar with free shipping..

7. webslinger85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I like the Lifeproof, but where you can only remove it so many times before it looses the seal is kind of a deal breaker.

My only problem with port plugs is theyre easily lost. I used the ones from my capsule rebel, and liked them, but after a few months they were gone.

That Zum Gelee is kinda neat, is it TPU?

8. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Go to iskin.com. Great cases for around that price range. You can find great iskin cases on ebay for about 20% off.

9. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

It is TPU