Good casual games

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MikeyTree, Jul 19, 2007.

1. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

Normally I get into immersive, time-consuming games like RPGs and the Myst series. I don't really have time for those now, and am looking for fun games that I can pick and play for half an hour, and then stop if I want to without feeling like I need to play some more.

Can anyone recommend such a game, especially one that will show off my brand new MBP's capabilities? I'm not a fan of shooters generally, but anything else goes.

2. digiegg macrumors regular

Get Warcraft 3. Then start playing a custom map called DoTA.

www.blizzard.com
    www.dota-allstars.com

=) It usually takes 20-30 min per game but when it gets intense, it can last up to 60-70 minutes.

3. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

You might want to look at an RTS, an skirmish on most of them only lasts from 10 to 30 minutes.

Two recent RTS games that I'm really enjoying right now are Command & Conquer 3 and Company of Heroes, if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with C&C3 but CoH is pretty good as well, the mechanics are just a tad "exotic" for my tastes.

4. pcypert macrumors 6502

I know it doesn't really answer your questions but that's why I bought a Wii and DS Lite. Casual games aplenty...

Paul

5. MikeyTree thread starter macrumors 6502

I know. The desire for casual games came to me after playing on a friend's Wii last time I was in Toronto. Mario Party was fun, even if it did have too many "jiggle the remote as quickly as you can" games for my liking.

6. digiegg macrumors regular

Don't we guys do that every other day? :p