Good cheap USB Mic for recording meetings etc?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by james*b, Mar 24, 2011.

1. james*b macrumors regular

Hi
    I occasionally need to record interviews and meetings etc. Could anyone recommend a good, cheap USB mic - available in the UK - for this purpose? Maybe something that can sit in the middle of a table and record a few people talking round it? Aso would GargeBand be the right software to use since I already have it installed?
    Many thanks

2. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Its a little more than what youre looking for, but check out the Zoom H1. Its a audio recorder, stereo mic, and may be connected directly to your Mac or camcorder for recording.

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

It's a little more than the H1, but the ZOOM H2 has 4 internal mics that can record in a kind of "surround mode" -- which would be exactly what the OP is looking for....

4. james*b thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys - while the Zooms look great, I need this so rarely, and the quality only has to be intelligible rather than broadcast standard, so could you recommend a USB mic that could just plug into my macbook - something quite budget but omnidirectional that could sit in the middle of a meeting room table and would perhaps just work with GargeBand? Thanks again.