Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aeneid

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2011
California
Does it have to have the apple specific buttons or no? I recommend any logitech keyboard. I have a wireless logitech keyboard that I bought 3 years ago and it came with a mouse for 40$. Now I use it with my mac when I have my MBP connected to the tv. Takes a little getting used to the buttons, but its okay. Remember you can always change the function of each. For example on the PC logitech keyboard I have the alt becomes option for some reason. So I went into the preferences panel and reversed the function of the command and alt buttons and that simulates the set up of any mac keyboard. For daily use, it doesn't really matter what keyboard you are using. It won't make a difference because you aren't gaming where precision matters. Just go on amazon and search and then come back and post a link and I'll tell you my opinion of that combo. Good luck.

Cheers

PS, don't bother buying an Apple keyboard directly from them. They are overpriced.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Yes they work fine. Here is a quick chart I found on google for the key changes.

Mac key – Windows key

Control – Ctrl

Option – Alt

Command (the four leaf clover) – Windows

Delete – Backspace

Return – Enter

Reactions: astericker

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
I use a Logitech K800 lighted keyboard. Works fine. Not sure of there is a mouse included package or not. Get a mouse separately and get what fits you, not what the manufacturers think should go with that keyboard.

Remember you can always change the function of each. For example on the PC logitech keyboard I have the alt becomes option for some reason. So I went into the preferences panel and reversed the function of the command and alt buttons and that simulates the set up of any mac keyboard.

Are there specific instructions on how to do this. Have tried and can't seem to get it to work.:eek:

astericker

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2017
Do Windows keyboards work with Apple products? I mean, which buttons on a Windows keyboard are the control, option, command keys?
Yes they work fine. Here is a quick chart I found on google for the key changes.

Mac key – Windows key

Control – Ctrl

Option – Alt

Command (the four leaf clover) – Windows

Delete – Backspace

Return – Enter

THANK YOU! This reply just saved me buying a brand new keyboard and mouse! smooches!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.