Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

girrbyte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
hi im wondering if there are any good and cheep ipod touch chargers that wont fry my new ipod? does anything like this exist or do i have to pay for the $30 apple one?

MrBrekke

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
Norway
hi im wondering if there are any good and cheep ipod touch chargers that wont fry my new ipod? does anything like this exist or do i have to pay for the $30 apple one?

there is no difference in 1st - 3rd gen iPod / iPhone chargers. they are all the same.

do a google search and you will find plenty that will work fine.

girrbyte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
i went to the store and picked up a $10 i-concepts charger and it looks like it will work

asmallchild

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2007
there is no difference in 1st - 3rd gen iPod / iPhone chargers. they are all the same.

do a google search and you will find plenty that will work fine.

Is this true? I tried plugging in my brand new 64GB iPod Touch into the wall outlet with an old, old charger and it stated it was not compatible.

Now this was an old iPod charger I used to charge my iPod Classic.

But it worked with my 1st generation iPod Touch (16GB).

How come it doesn't work with my newest 64GB iPod Touch (I'm assuming this would be 3rd gen?)?

djstarrock

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
UK, Scotland, Glasgow
Is this true? I tried plugging in my brand new 64GB iPod Touch into the wall outlet with an old, old charger and it stated it was not compatible.

Now this was an old iPod charger I used to charge my iPod Classic.

But it worked with my 1st generation iPod Touch (16GB).

How come it doesn't work with my newest 64GB iPod Touch (I'm assuming this would be 3rd gen?)?

If it was firewire the iPod touch 3rd gen and iPhone 3gs won't let you charge from it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.