Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmoin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2001
Hi all-

My parents own an iBook running OS 10.2 and are looking for a good color printer. They need something that does a decent job of black and white printing, but can also print good quality detailed color images.

As far as the price of the printer itself, they're pretty flexible (willing to pay up to $250-300 or so), but want to try to minimize ink/toner costs, understanding that they will be expensive. What are some good printers to consider? They'd sort of like a color laser, but I feel like toner might be prohibitively expensive on a per page basis, so they'd go with an inkjet if that's the only feasible option.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

jota73

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2006
South America
I own an HP 4180 (multifunctional) I print great color photos and all my letters... I would recommend this 100%

Epson by the other hand, color cartidrges don´t last long... believe me they don`t

I would say... go with HP

regards

the Western zoo

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Aarhus C, Denmark
I have a canon PIXMA ip5200 and it does a great job - perfect black and white printing and very good photos! and I even think it's quite fast plus it does duplex-printing!
but I don't know how much the ink cost or how fast it uses it up because I do not print all that much...

also I wouldn't claim to be an expert in printing quality... anywho I would recommend it because I think it does a great job and it's pretty! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.