Good Comfortable Mouse Recommendations?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deeesea, Oct 8, 2010.

1. deeesea macrumors 6502

Hey guys, my logitech VX nano is starting to crap out on me, and I really don't want to use my magic mouse as my primary mouse due to a number of ergonomic issues I have with it.

So I'm asking, do you guys have any recommendations for a really comfortable mouse? I prefer one with back forward buttons and etc, I'm currently eyeing the Logitech MX performance mouse, looks like a good performer and Cnet highly recommends it as well, but the price tag is quite steep. So I'm wondering if you guys have any other recommendations or thoughts.

Any help is appreciated thanks!
    I tried searching and I got a thread that was 2 years old, so I was wondering if you guys had any "newer" recommendations :p

EDIT: Thanks for the recommendations, after doing some reading up on the mice (is that the plural? lol) you guys offered, I've decided to still go with the MX performance..primarily because i found it for a great price on ebay. now eagerly waiting to use this thing!

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah i have the logitech PMX and it is a pretty huge mouse. Good for those who have big hands, but dunno for those with smaller ones. The smaller sibling would be the Logitech Anywhere MX.

3. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

I used the Mx1100 before switching to the MM and it's a decent cheaper version of the performance mx, you can usually find it for around $30 on sale.

4. MacOCD macrumors regular

Do you prefer a larger mouse or a smaller one? I use primarily smaller mice, even though I have large hands. If you like small mice any of the logitech wireless mice with the nano receivers are nice. They seem like laptop/travel mice, but they work very well with desktop computers.

This is a link to the mouse I have. The best mouse I have owned so far.
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Laser-Mouse-Notebooks/dp/B000TKHBDK

5. robertbrian23 macrumors member

6. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

I really like the feel of the new Razer mice. I have an old Razer/MS Habu mouse that I absolutely love. It feels so nice in my hand. I also have a Razer Imperator that I use, they both "fit" into my hands better than other mice i have tried, but people with different sized hands like different sized mice.

I say you galavant over to Best Buy or something and see what type of mouse you like first by holding it, and then make you decision based off that!

7. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

i tested out a lot of mice and i would chose now the microsoft arc mouse above anything else , its big enough for long fingers ,i even would go as far as saying "you need long fingers especially a long thump" to reach the 4th button , but i like that ,so you cant press it by mistake
    on so many other mice they fit extra buttons right at the place where you hold the mouse in order to move it if you got big hands , so you need to disable these buttons which makes it pointless to have these extra buttons ,
    i mean why have extra buttons if you have to disable them to use a mouse

and best of all the microsoft arc mouse is foldable , works perfect , and batteries last in my one over 4 month and i use it nearly 24/7 , and when i really dont use it i just fold it which shuts off the mouse and safes battery , and the wireless micro usb receiver has its own compartment inside (magnetic , so you cant lose that ) which makes the mouse equally suitable as desktop or laptop mouse , because folded together small enough to carry around , but still a full size mouse for big hands once folded out ,i think its the best product that has the name microsoft on , i would even go as far as it would deserve a :apple: logo and Apple would finally have a perfect usable ergonomical mouse !
    (forget the new one where they
    copied some features from the magic mouse badly so they dont work proper )
    the one with the old fashioned scroll wheel is the one you want

[​IMG]

available in white silver too :)

8. deeesea thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Much thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll head over to bestbuy today and take a look at some of the devices available. I'm liking the suggestions guys!

I've used the Microsoft arc mouse since I got it for my roommate for his birthday, but then I never really liked the awkward space between the laser and the end of the mouse. Also the scroll wheel bugs me.

9. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Unless you have activities that require high precision or use a Power PC Mac, I recommend you look into the magic trackpad. It's awesome!

10. cube macrumors G5

Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse. It is normal sized.

11. McMoronic macrumors member

Logitech M305

Very comfortable mouse with a nano receiver. Can be had for around $11.

12. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

I have the Magic Mouse and gave my Mighty Mouse away with my older MBP when I sold it. It works fine for most things except google maps. So I miss my old Mighty Mouse. If you really require precision you may want to steer clear of the Magic Mouse.

13. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

14. Bisz macrumors regular

I could not recommend this mouse enough. It is fantastic and an integral part of my OSX experience. Here is how I use it:

- Large mouse button mapped to bring up Expose - this is a fantastic time saver!
    - Zoom button mapped as enter
    - I have back and forward as copy and paste
    - Wheel click is open link in a new tab

15. deeesea thread starter macrumors 6502

I sometimes switch over to windows to play some games (or just steam on mac) and I don't really think the magic trackpad would well with windows (let alone windows gaming).

But I am interested in using it as a "remote" kind of thing for when I've got my laptop hooked up to my TV.

16. NazgulRR macrumors 6502

+1. And because it is bluetooth, you don't have to use any extra USB ports for dongles or whatever. Batteries last atleast 3months and it has 5 fully customizable buttons + a wheel. And you can get it in white, which goes nice along with Macbooks.

17. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I often use the Magic Trackpad in that "Remote" setting you describe and it's quite awesome.
    But it definitely isn't for gaming - not even sure whether it's supported by Windows at all (never tried).