Good computer chairs

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mikey-, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Mikey- macrumors regular

Hi I'm looking for a new computer chair, can anyone make any recommendations?

I live in the Merseyside area so if anyone from there knows any good stores please let me know.

2. Jacqueclaude macrumors member

There's some great ones in John Lewis - Some of them are even under a hundred quid, which is alright.

I'm seriously considering buying a new one - I just hate how much they cost XD

3. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

bingo. Problem solved. Very comfy.

I've never used one though so don't take my word for it. I've heard from several other people who use them daily that they really are great for your back and stuff.

4. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Even those Aeron Chairs are quite a purchase for a computer chair, I really debate on buying one. For as much as some of us spend sitting in front of the computer, might as well buy something really comfortable. I wish I could test out one, but nobody around here sells them.

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Go to a store and try them out. I've had mine for a good 10+ years. I think it's perfect. The right chair is the one you feel comfortable in. You don't need recommendations. It's like shoes, everyone's ass is different.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

My Aeron chair is 6 or so years old and the most comfortable chair I have ever used. Everyone who has tried it agrees. You can't go wrong investing on one; they'll last for a long, long time.

7. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

You wear your shoes on your arse!? :eek:

( :D ;) )

8. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

I figured if it would last 5-7 years it would be a good investment. My current chair squeaks and cracks like an old house every time I move and it is only like a year old. Do they come pre-assembled or do you have to build it yourself?

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'd get them from one of the discount Office chair places instead of paying more for them at the nearby Copenhagen outlet.

The newer cheaper ones, were ok but I didn't like the armrest hardness compared to the Aeron chair.

Edit: you guys don't have a Copenhagen in your area?

10. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

The closest place to me that sells them, according to Herman Miller's website is a little over 2 hours away (each way). I'm kinda weary of just straight up ordering a chair that is that expensive off the internet without testing one first.

11. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

:LOL: :D

12. Moocher macrumors regular

Perfect Chair

The following has been on my list for awhile. Regretfully, it is low on spousal approval.

http://www.thev1chair.com/

Mooch

13. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Doesn't everyone?? :confused:
    :D

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I have to agree... I find them fairly ugly, and there's no way I would put one in my home, but they are extraordinarily comfortable and assist in reducing fatigue. Were those my priorities, that chair would be a gimme.

15. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

There are likely local places if you are in a big city, the Herman Miller site tends to list a lot of retail locations with the discount office furniture place not always on the list.

Copenhagen Furniture is in a lot more cities than the office chains carrying them that tend to be local.

If your location in your profile is close generally searching on the city and the Aeron chair usually turns up places like.

http://www.apgof.com/seating.shtml

Bigger cities tend to have 1 company doing deep discounts on the chairs.