Price Advice Good deal for a 13" 2010 MBA? Or 2011

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 3dflyboy1, Sep 5, 2012.

1. 3dflyboy1, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012

3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

I've been scouring the local craigslist ads for 13" macbook air, and I recently found a 2010 13" model with 4GB RAM and a 128GB SSD. The seller is pretty firm at $725, is that a reasonable deal for that computer? It has only 6 battery cycles, too. I'm having a hard time deciding to go with that or buy a base 13" 2011 from a member here on macrumors.

I don't think I'll be able to survive that much longer with just my iPad. ;)

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions!

2. RedCroissant Suspended

I think that since you're considering a used computer, get one refurbished from Apple. The least expensive one they have for sale is a 13" 4GB RAM 128 SSD for $919. I know it's a little more expensive than that one, but at least you get the "like new again" feeling with Apple along with the initial 1 year Apple Care. I would pass.

3. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Used is always a risk, so I'd try to talk them down more. The problem is that people don't want to accept the money they spent on tech items is gone. If they didn't want something new and shiny, they'd still be using that one themselves.

4. 3dflyboy1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good points, I think I'll just stick to either a refurb or the marketplace, since people here tend to be more lenient/not so huffy about prices. Thanks :)