Good deal? (iphone)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TsuaSai, Feb 18, 2008.

1. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I know this is more of a going to buy thread and I already bought. Just wondering if I got a good deal or not.

My friend got a new phone today cause she didn't like her iphone and told me she would sell it to me for 150 since that was the cost of the new phone. So I just jumped on it. Now i have it and it works great. A few scratches on the side nothing major. Anyways it was an impulse move and I didn't really think about it until now when its to late to do anything about it. I am happy either way.

Thanks

Edit: Oh yeah its the 8g model if that matters.

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

3. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

I would have bought it for £150 let alone $150. You bagged a bargain, now go Jailbreak it. :)

4. Pees330 macrumors 6502

You got a great deal there. I love my iPhone, it's such a great device. Have fun with your new toy!

5. Marvin1379 macrumors 6502

Jailbreak? i've read a lot of posts with this in there but don't recall reading exactly what it is...could someone enlighten me? thx. also, (i'll try *not* to sound like a prude here, but) does it voids ur warranty and ability to update when apple goes to 1.1.4+/2.0? what r the benefits? what programs/functions/features does it allow u to have?

Thanks to all!

6. TsuaSai thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks I have been thinking about jailbreaking it. But I am going to sleep on it for a night or so to make sure its what I want, Also think I will wait and see what is said about the other post and make sure I don't screw anything up.