Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
US
So I have been browsing craigslist for monitors lately and decided to just see how much the beautiful Apple Cinema displays were going for. Stumbled across one that is in very good condition listed at $240. Contacted the seller and he gave me even more pictures and seems very genuine. Agreed to meet up in a public building and have me plug in to try everything. Think I am going to go for it but have 2 questions.

1. Is this a decent deal or should I wait until later in the year as it will not be getting much use until the summer.

2. Will it connect to my 15" Retina MacBook Pro? I know that it is mini display port, but won't that work with the thunderbolt ports?

Thanks!

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
US
The perfect ones go for $250-280 quickly around here, so that is a pretty good deal. Some people hold out for $300-350 and those are the ones that stay listed a long time.

Considering that display was discontinued in 2010, that one will be at best 5 year-old manufacture. Its rate of depreciation is probably pretty slow and steady, so won't change too much by the summer.

Yes, but you will need a MagSafe2 adapter to use the power supply, the USB and MDP will plug right in.

It's also a lot fuzzier than your display... it's just good for the size because even running your rMBR at 1920x1200 scaled will be sharper.

But the quality isn't too bad is it? And it sounds likes I'm gonna go through with the deal, just such a beauty that I have to take advantage!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.