Good deal on blackbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by moranej, Jul 15, 2008.

1. moranej macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I found a deal with someone locally through classifieds, for an 08 black macbook with 4 gigs ram and office already installed, with disks i hope...anyway he says its in good shape and with the 1 year warranty good till Feb, and me being able to purchase apple care it seems like a good deal at 1200, but then I offered 1000 and few days later he accepted. Is this worth it, or better to wait for an update and get a new base or midrange model? thanks for the help! Also I'm a student so I am eligible for the back to school offer...which seems to be making the decision harder!

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

If it comes with the MS Office discs, the original OS X discs, and all the parts and accessories that ship with new MacBooks, then $1000 is pretty good for a Blackbook with maxed out RAM.

$1200 is too much for a one-year-used Blackbook, since they can be purchased refurbished ('like new') for that much.

3. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

4. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

the macbook was bought in February he said so it's only been used for 5 months, this is a fantastic deal...if you don't want it, I'll give you a grand if you buy it for me.

5. Ozz.Man macrumors member

I wished I could find a deal like this. Around here Apple computers are rare locally and overpriced at that.

6. okayjustin macrumors member

it sounds like a really good deal to me since you purchase it new it's about 1500 and the only difference is that it's opened, since you said it's in good shape and it's 08 model.

it's the one i have. haha

7. showtime macrumors 6502

yeah this sounds like a really good offer. If you don't know the person make there are no signs of any damage that may void your warranty. If there are only normal problems you'll be covered under applecare.

8. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Seems like a decent deal to me. It certainly isn't a bad one :p