Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordeOurMother

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
Oh, dear Lord I'm tempted to bid on these, but something in the back of my head is telling me I have absolutely no need for more iBooks. ;)

It is very tempting.

EDIT: I bit the bullet. I'm gonna bid. :)

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
As tempting as this may be, I am going to pass…

One, because I'd have to explain to my wife the addition of four more Macs to the too many she thinks I have already and two, because I have somehow managed to collect two iBook G4's already and one broken iBook G4, despite a proclaimed indifference to iBooks, and having already gotten rid of three iBook G3s!

LordeOurMother

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2014
As tempting as this may be, I am going to pass…

One, because I'd have to explain to my wife the addition of four more Macs to the too many she thinks I have already and two, because I have somehow managed to collect two iBook G4's already and one broken iBook G4, despite a proclaimed indifference to iBooks, and having already gotten rid of three iBook G3s!

yeah. I ended up placing a bid on them for the sheer fact that I can spread them around to my family.. one of my sisters has always wanted a mac and she doesn't much aside from Microsoft word and web browsing.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I found myself bidding on a final generation iBook yesterday and luckily was outbid as I really did not need one. I would have had to find more RAM and a new battery for it so costs would have mounted more than it was really worth to me. I used to have one from new but remembered that it had a very, very dim screen compared with my Powerbook. That probably helped to give it an above average battery life.

I am still looking for a Pismo (great keyboard, at least my Wallsteet did have) as a general purpose word processor and a 1Ghz TiBook so that I have a decent notebook that can boot into OS9 natively.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.