Good deal on iBooks

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by L Oquence, Aug 17, 2014.

1. L Oquence, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014

L Oquence macrumors regular

L Oquence

2. JohnnyH1012 macrumors member

Oh, dear Lord I'm tempted to bid on these, but something in the back of my head is telling me I have absolutely no need for more iBooks. ;)

3. L Oquence, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014

L Oquence thread starter macrumors regular

L Oquence

It is very tempting.

EDIT: I bit the bullet. I'm gonna bid. :)

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

As tempting as this may be, I am going to pass…

One, because I'd have to explain to my wife the addition of four more Macs to the too many she thinks I have already and two, because I have somehow managed to collect two iBook G4's already and one broken iBook G4, despite a proclaimed indifference to iBooks, and having already gotten rid of three iBook G3s!

5. L Oquence thread starter macrumors regular

L Oquence

yeah. I ended up placing a bid on them for the sheer fact that I can spread them around to my family.. one of my sisters has always wanted a mac and she doesn't much aside from Microsoft word and web browsing.

6. weckart macrumors 601

I found myself bidding on a final generation iBook yesterday and luckily was outbid as I really did not need one. I would have had to find more RAM and a new battery for it so costs would have mounted more than it was really worth to me. I used to have one from new but remembered that it had a very, very dim screen compared with my Powerbook. That probably helped to give it an above average battery life.

I am still looking for a Pismo (great keyboard, at least my Wallsteet did have) as a general purpose word processor and a 1Ghz TiBook so that I have a decent notebook that can boot into OS9 natively.

7. JohnnyH1012 macrumors member

Wow, the bid ended at 102 USD + $25 Shipping. That's quite a bit more than what I expected it to reach!

8. L Oquence thread starter macrumors regular

L Oquence