iPhone X Good deal on iPhone X now or wait for XS/XS Max

Wanted797

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
So I work for a phone company and with that comes some benefits of super cheap phone plans.

The downside is the cheapest plan we have usually takes awhile to get the latest phones. This year they seem to be taking a rather exceedingly long amount of time to upgrade the handsets available to staff. I’ve been out of contract since September and waiting for the XS and XS Max to come on this cheap staff plan all the while getting by on my aging iPhone 6s with 700+ battery cycles and Apple battery case to last me the day.

Recently though (I’m assuming to clear out stock) the price of the iPhone X 64GB became $0 (yes completely free plan). A rather awesome deal. I currently have used 46GB on my 128GB 6s so could get by with a smaller capacity phone.

I’m now torn on whether to take up this $0 deal for a X or hold out (which is said to be “first quarter 2019”) for a XS Max that will likely put the cost up to something like $100 a month (at a guess, still not a bad deal though).

Any advise on getting a X 64GB in 2019?

Steve121178

macrumors 601
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
If you think 64GB is enough then get that for $0.00. You're not missing out on anything major with the Xs Max, aside from a larger screen. All depends if the extra space is worth $100 a month to you...

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
The X is an amazing phone... Absolutely grab that for $0..... Coming from a 6S you will absolutely be blown away.

Reactions: Wanted797

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
Wait can you clarify something... will you be paying $100/month for the phone only? or $100/Month for phone and plan? and if so how much is allocated to the phone? and for how many months? I still think the X is the better deal at $0 but getting some perspective on how much of a discount you are getting on the Max could change things.

Wanted797

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
Wait can you clarify something... will you be paying $100/month for the phone only? or $100/Month for phone and plan? and if so how much is allocated to the phone? and for how many months? I still think the X is the better deal at $0 but getting some perspective on how much of a discount you are getting on the Max could change things.
I actually went for the X.

I don’t actually know the cost for the XS max. So $100 is the total I took a guess at. Because the X was originally $90 when it came out.
[doublepost=1551347929][/doublepost]
The X is an amazing phone... Absolutely grab that for $0..... Coming from a 6S you will absolutely be blown away.
Went with the X. Yep definitely. Nearly 4 years and man what a difference. Longest I’ve held on to a phone.

Reactions: bigjnyc

EnglishPsycho

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I opted for an X last month, didn't personally think the XS was worth shelling out the extra for when I'll more than likely be getting the newest iPhone in 6-7 months.
More than happy with it so far, and that's coming from someone who previously had an XS Max.

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
get the X .... im reading too many issues on XS...
i sold my silver X 2days ago .. planning to get XS.. tested Xs and stuttering issue is real... tried Xr i dont like big phones..
found a refurb X space grey with another 1yr warranty ... and grab it ... i want a black phone this time...