Good deal or not?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dangerly, Aug 30, 2013.

1. dangerly macrumors regular

Oct 27, 2009
    it's quite a bit that i'm debating on buying a new iMac (the one i have now is a C2D from 2009, working fine). I mostly use it for photo (DSL reflex camera) and video editing.
    On the refurb store there is availability for 27" i7, 1Tb fusion drive, 8 Gb, 680MX 2 Gb video card for the price of 2299,00 euros.
    It seems a good price to me, i would upgrade it myself with 16 Gb ram (24 Gb total).
    What do the experts here say, is it a good price?

2. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2012

refurb prices are hard to beat. Things to consider also, the computers almost are as good as new. Comes with a year of Apple warranty.....But to your question:
    It is a reasonable price. Not a stellar one. Maybe you can do a comparision with computers with similar specs in the nearest eBay available. In that way, you can "feel" the market before commiting to buy.....

Good luck with your purchase.....:D

3. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    It's a good price and it does come with a warranty. Any used computer you buy will come with a partial or no warranty and you don't know what's been done to it.
  4. dangerly thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 27, 2009
  5. aartoodeetoo macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2013
    Cumbria, England
    Last week i took the plunge (after months of indecision!) and bought a refurb 27" i5, 1TB fusion. I plan to upgrade the ram at some point.

Anyway - my point is that my new refurbished machine is as good as new, absolutely perfect condition - and i've inspected it veeery closely. The only difference i could find was the box it came in. I had decided on this machine, BTO new is £1699. The refurb equivalent £1449... in the end it was an easy decision!
  6. jehartley macrumors member

Sep 30, 2012
    Same here. I got the same one you describe, with 8GB of Ram and the 1GB graphics. The machine is flawless and it screams. I had thought I might upgrade the RAM, but I don't see the need right now. It opens up Office, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc with ease.

As you said, the only difference I could find was the box. The 27" screen is gorgeous and shows no sign (yet) of IR or ghosting. It was a great deal.:cool: