Good deal or not?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dangerly, Aug 30, 2013.

1. dangerly macrumors regular

Hello,
    it's quite a bit that i'm debating on buying a new iMac (the one i have now is a C2D from 2009, working fine). I mostly use it for photo (DSL reflex camera) and video editing.
    On the refurb store there is availability for 27" i7, 1Tb fusion drive, 8 Gb, 680MX 2 Gb video card for the price of 2299,00 euros.
    It seems a good price to me, i would upgrade it myself with 16 Gb ram (24 Gb total).
    What do the experts here say, is it a good price?
    Thanks,

Dan

2. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Normally.....

refurb prices are hard to beat. Things to consider also, the computers almost are as good as new. Comes with a year of Apple warranty.....But to your question:
    It is a reasonable price. Not a stellar one. Maybe you can do a comparision with computers with similar specs in the nearest eBay available. In that way, you can "feel" the market before commiting to buy.....

Good luck with your purchase.....:D

:):apple:

3. Bear macrumors G3

It's a good price and it does come with a warranty. Any used computer you buy will come with a partial or no warranty and you don't know what's been done to it.

4. dangerly thread starter macrumors regular

5. aartoodeetoo macrumors newbie

Last week i took the plunge (after months of indecision!) and bought a refurb 27" i5, 1TB fusion. I plan to upgrade the ram at some point.

Anyway - my point is that my new refurbished machine is as good as new, absolutely perfect condition - and i've inspected it veeery closely. The only difference i could find was the box it came in. I had decided on this machine, BTO new is £1699. The refurb equivalent £1449... in the end it was an easy decision!

6. jehartley macrumors member

Same here. I got the same one you describe, with 8GB of Ram and the 1GB graphics. The machine is flawless and it screams. I had thought I might upgrade the RAM, but I don't see the need right now. It opens up Office, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc with ease.

As you said, the only difference I could find was the box. The 27" screen is gorgeous and shows no sign (yet) of IR or ghosting. It was a great deal.:cool: