Good deal? Please help me decide! Fairly unique situation....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BigGroll, May 27, 2009.

1. BigGroll macrumors member

Hello! Longtime lurker, first time poster here.

I work at Best Buy, and I recently have been presented with a fairly unique opportunity. One of our supervisors purchased a new white macbook about 7 days ago. They managed to somehow lose the battery! They then returned the laptop (took quite the hit after not having the battery back) simply because they didnt like the mac. I can now buy this macbook for 599 with no battery, but everything else is in perfect condition, and it comes with everything else.

Now, since Im an employee, I get a discount on the service plans. I can purchase a two year service plan for about 90 bucks. This service plan would include a brand new battery, in addition to covering the whole macbook. Now I already have a 24 inch 2.8 ghz iMac, but I would love a notebook for basic schoolwork when Im in class, and I dont need anything to powerful.

So what do you guys thing? deal, or no deal?

2. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

haha ''deal or no deal''
    sounds like that tv show with the mysterious banker and you have a choice of deal or no deal
    besides that
    i think it's a awesome deal
    the battery is obviously easily replaceable
    do it!

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

+1

I mean the Back to School Promotion is also another route...but your deal is by no means bad...

4. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

^^^ oh yeah forgot to add the back to school promo
    the white macbook looks nice with the spec update
    and a free ipod/ ipod touch?
    any route would be good

5. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

buy it definitely your lucky to get a core duo macbook for that price on craigslist

6. BigGroll thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I don't really have an interest in spending 1000 bucks, not to mention I can get 18 months zero interest through best buy

7. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR