Good deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Goohfy, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

Hey guys, have been here for a month or two, and have been investigating what I need. I had come to the conclusion that a 2010 250gb model MBP would fit my needs and budget and won a 2.4 ghz, 4gb RAM, perfect condition MBP with warranty until January 2012 for $840. Good deal? ( Wasn't used much, 24 weeks old, and had no scratches or dents.)

2. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

Is that the i5 model? If so, then it's a very good deal.

I recently sold my i5 with a 320gb harddrive and 8gb ram for 1150.

Though I didn't have applecare and my battery cycles were pretty high.

3. Goohfy thread starter macrumors regular

Goohfy

Nah it's a c2d, but they sell them refurbished at the Apple store for 900, so I believe it was a good deal. I wanted to save money, and knew. Didn't need the i5, plus the Nvidia will allow me to game at points as well.

4. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

It's the 2010 model and I would say it's an average deal. The refurbs go for $899 so you lose a few months applecare buying it used but gain a little in with the cash you saved. If he bought it in January of this year you might want to consider Applecare.

5. Goohfy thread starter macrumors regular

Goohfy

True, I was happy with the time I still do have even though I lose a few months, plus the fact that I know it is in perfect condition, with included protectors, and a strong battery.

6. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

Cool. I think that both of you broke even on the trade. Enjoy it!

7. palpatine macrumors 68040

Seems OK to me.

But, with only a few hundred more dollars (not much more if you have education discount) you could have gotten a brand new MBP. I have a difficult time seeing the value in buying used electronics at almost any price, but you do have the warranty, so at least you won't have to worry about a scam. Unless, of course, the previous owner screwed around inside the computer, or dumped a drink on it, in which case, the warranty is invalid. Like I said, I don't like the idea of buying used electronics. It's too much of a hassle.

8. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

very good deal!

9. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

i would say that it's actually pretty fair on both ends, go ahead and make the exchange if it's what you really want.