Good deal?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Liquinn, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Liquinn Suspended

I want an iMac... I can get a used - like new iMac 21.5" direct from Amazon themselves on Amazon.co.uk for £745.

"New Apple iMac 21.5" All-In-One Desktop PC (LED Backlit Screen, 3.06Ghz, Core-i3, 4Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics, Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW) (Launched July 2010)"

Only i3 though... That's an inpulse buy but it's from last year? Does that matter?

Now that's tempting. But no keyboard and mouse though.

Will that come with a warranty?

I won't get the free Lion upgrade though, right?

Does this model have a thunderbolt port?

2. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

The Apple Refurb store has that model(out of stock, but a good price check) for £769.00 and it comes with a full year warranty and a mouse/keyboard: http://store.apple.com/uk/product/FC508B/A

It's not a great deal, not a total scam though. If you're not going new(which I'd recommend just buying a new base iMac), you could probably get a better deal on a local used one, honestly.

Figure another $100(used) to $140(new) to the cost if you want a Magic Mouse and official Apple wireless keyboard.

i3 would most likely be fine for most anything within reason.

It may still be under Applecare. Applecare lasts exactly 1 year from the purchase date, so, since it was launched in July 2010, it could already be expired if the machine was bought near the launch date, otherwise it will be expiring at some point in the next 11 months, likely sooner. You can check Applecare status here with the serial number.

You will not get a free upgrade to Lion, it will be $29.99 in the Apple App Store.

It will not have Thunderbolt.

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Hmmm... what would you do? It's like me wanting to buy a 3GS even though the iPhone 4 is over a year old, I guess.