Good deal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GCHASE1995, May 29, 2016.

1. GCHASE1995 macrumors regular

GCHASE1995

Would buying a 64 GB Verizon iPhone 6 for 275 be a good deal. Currently using an iPhone 5S

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I feel it would be a good deal provided there is no apparent damage. Be sure to check for Activation Lock prior to purchase. You can do that here: Check for Activation Lock (Apple website)

3. GCHASE1995 thread starter macrumors regular

GCHASE1995

Should I make the upgrade. Any horrible flaws

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

No horrible flaws.

5. GCHASE1995 thread starter macrumors regular

GCHASE1995

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Aside from very few people who ran into issues related to it (as there are always a few people running into issues with something when it comes to any product).

7. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

Bendgate wasn't a myth but Apple quickly fixed the iPhone 6's frame. If it's an early model then there is a possibility.

I would go for that though, not a bad price. I would try saving up for a 6S though.

8. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

No flaws, I love my iPhone 6. I'd go for it if it's not activation locked.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I'd consider a few things before buying.

Find out if there is any warranty left. If none, make sure you give the phone a thorough once over. Nothing worse than getting a "deal" only to find out something like the home button doesn't work right and then either dealing with repair costs or living with the problem.

Also consider how many charge cycles are on the battery. No real way to check this without installing one of many apps, but if it's a launch day device it can easily have 400+ cycles on it already if it was owned previously by a heavy user. Nothing necessarily wrong with a well loved device except that the battery may be getting worn to a point that you're going to see notably diminished capacity.