Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I recently found out the the mac store I go to is willing to give me $800 cdn on my macbook (Rev A. 1.83ghz Core Duo, 512 ram, combo, 60GB HDD) if I trade it in for another laptop or store credit.

Now, that $800 turns into $904 actually since when I buy a laptop/whatever I only have to pay tax on the difference so if I bought a $1000 whatever I only pay tax on $200 of it.

Anyway, it is almost time for me to buy Applecare which is $300 and it sorely needs some new ram so thats another ~$110 for a 1GB stick. Since a NEW 1.83ghz Core 2 Duo is only $1250 cdn, it is only a little more to get a brand new laptop.

But I am figuring I will just take store credit for now, since I don't need a laptop now that the semester is over. And wait till Leopard comes out on laptops then buy a new one then. It gives me time to save up, possibly an update and such.

Any thoughts? Anything I may have overlooked?

cayley

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2007
Guess the only real question than is:

Can you sell your laptop for more than $904 Canadian. Judging from eBay as well as the Marketplace here, I think you can.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
hmmm, I have never thought about that.

Actually, I am surprised it is worth that much. The Core 2 Duo one's are only 1200-1250, and after you buy the apple care for 300$ on the one I have it comes to the same price for a lesser model!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.