Good Deal

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by krypticos, Sep 2, 2008.

1. krypticos macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    i am wanting to know what all i can do with a dual 1.0ghz/g4,1.5 ram,80gb hd, superdrive, quicksilver. i getting it for my wii and a hundred dollars. is that a good deal. i know that i can put my wifi card from my old ibook in it so no extra wires needed. but i was wanting some suggestions o what all a power house like this can do or be upgraded to. thank you for reading and commenting later.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I think that that was a terrible deal, but maybe that's just me.

Make it an iTunes music server.

3. gangst macrumors 6502a

upgrade the hard drive(s) and use it as an itunes and video server. Probably best to use LAN if you want to use video.

Also....

huh?:confused: i dont mean to offend you but its not.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Truth. Your Wii had a faster processor...

5. Lord Zedd macrumors 6502a

Lord Zedd

Considering a Wii is $250, $350 for a 6 year old computer is a terrible deal.

That computer is, by far, no longer a powerhouse. For another $250 you could have gotten a Mac Mini with 5x the performance. Even if you spend $250 on a CPU upgrade it won't come close to the performance of a Mini in any category. Even that Wii was more powerful than it!

To put it bluntly, whoever sold you that computer royally screwed you.

6. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

well to think of it that way no is not a power house but the wii yea its 250 but i played it like 5 times so im not using it. its setting there collecting dust. to me its a good deal. o i forgot to say it came with a 17 in lcd apple studio display also. well im going ot be using the desktop to do some editing of video and photos just to give my macbook a rest and i just love apple. i really wanted a cube but the quicksilver is better anyways dont have to worry about heat. thanks for your comments and no offense taken i know its not a power house but still to me it is compared to my clone powermachine thats like g3 333mhz so.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

More like, using it to waste days at a time working on one video file. Give your MacBook a rest?! The MacBook is six times as powerful!

And so will this G4 once you realize how worthless it was to get it. The 17" Studio was a beast; my mom still has one with her G4...

8. Lord Zedd macrumors 6502a

Lord Zedd

Its a computer, they don't need to "rest".

Tallest Skil is right, that MacBook can edit video far better than the G4 ever could.

9. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

ok that is what i was wanting to find out im not going to get the g4 quicksilver. i think i just want a power mac or mac pro for a desktop i use my macbook for everything. all my videos i do. well thank you very much. later