Good Deals on Previous Gen. Macbooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mvaj92, Mar 24, 2008.

1. mvaj92 macrumors member

Hi, im in the market for a new computer, and wated to get a macbook. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to buy a previous generation macbook, for the best price. I've seen the Refurbished macbooks in apple, but im not sure i could do that, as i would have to finance it. I saw macmall, they have new 2.2ghz macbooks for 1099 after rebate, with 6 month no interest. So i was just wondering, if anyone knew of any deals that were better than this?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

2. ghostguts macrumors regular

I'm sure this isn't the response you wanted, but I would recommend saving up a bit more and getting a refurb from Apple. I have had friends who have gotten refurbs, and others that have gotten them from third party sources (websites, craigslist, ebay, etc.). There's been greater success/pleasure from that former group.

3. mvaj92 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I've also heard nothing but good things about apple refurbs. I'll definitely take that into consideration. Any more ideas?

Oh, the units from macmall are brand new. Forgot to say that

4. pinktank macrumors 6502

I'm gonna post a scratch and dent mbp soonf or pretty cheap that I isnpected, the keyboard was replaced by apple a month or so ago so that's new. screen is a little damaged, should go around 1000, a little less maybe