Good Demo's for PS3...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by acearchie, May 24, 2008.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

So I have a UK, US, and Hong Kong account for the playstation network and I was wondering if you guys could suggest any good demo's, maybe because they are good graphics, story line, decent length (i.e. actually give you a go at the game) and possibly have multiplayer etc...

Thanks

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

A few demos I enjoyed:

Skate- It has a tutorial and a time cap but it's fun.
    GT- If you don't have GT5p then this is fun. Its not even a demo. One track with unlockable cars and a drift mode. Just gt5p looks so much nicer ;)
    Bourne- this one is so new I still hve it on my ps3! It comes with 2 good length missions and a short car level. Its pretty long for a demo.
    Uncharted- uncharted rocks, if you don't have it get it.
    Burntout paradise- free roam is always nice :).

So thats all I can think of right now but hope it helps. I got all these on the us store.

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Hey thanks these are good!

I reckon everyone should try out GRiD... Its great and when multiplayer works its amazing!
    Im also playing the formula 1 demo (even though it is the 2006 season!) MX vs. ATV looks great aswell!

I tried Ridge racer and can't see what all the fuss is about! It is such a boring game! How unrealistic it is makes me laugh!

PES was truly awful but FIFA is good so it won it over for me

I tried bourne aswell but I found it to be too many cut scenes for my liking! And the fast playing was just too fast for me! The controls also don't feel very fluid for me.

Those are the main games ive picked out at the moment!

Thanks for the response!

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

You gotta check out Siren: New Translation on the Japan PS store.

My favs:

Pixel Junk Monsters
    Uncharted
    R+C Future

Bless

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Ah, thanks for that. I've been wanting some stuff to download on my Japanese account. I should try grid too.... I'm also a Pixeljunk fanboy I own all their PSN games :).

6. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Wow that siren game looks awful (as in horrifying!) just from watching the ad, not sure if Ive got the guts to download it! What's it like?

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^The game looks interesting. The controls are tighter than the previous installments but the camera can still annoy. I can't say much about sight jacking right now because the demo doesn't have it but if its like the other games then it will annoy you.

The previous games were really good but TOUGH.....I'm hoping the same for this but less sight jacking.

Damn zombie snipers had pin point accuracy.

Bless