Good DJ/Studio/Mixing Headphones?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Erastopic, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Erastopic macrumors regular

Erastopic

So I've gotten really far into music production but I need studio quality headphones with a budget price.

I found Phillips A1PRO for around 115$ (Picture down below) which is around my price range as of right now since I'm new to the whole music production. But even after a lot of searching I never found any headphones similar to the similar price.

Are the A1PRO good or does anyone have a better suggestion that is around 115$? I want to hear user experience from people who might be doing music production/mixing or that are really experienced with headphones.

Attached Files:

2. chogue23 macrumors member

I have done some studio work and for studio mixing I like to use headphones by Sennheiser and AKG. I have used many different models of these in the past and I currently use the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, which can be found for around $75. They have good responce in all levels and are comfortable for long mixing sessions. They do a good job of blocking out any outside noise when I am using them to record concerts and performances, but that won't make much difference in a studio setting. Both of those are good professional quality brands, and others to consider would be Shure and Audio Technica. You want to get ones that have a flat responce so that you know what everything sounds like without the extra bass and highs that other audio systems will add. My biggest suggestion is find a music store that has a Pro Audio section and ask to try them out. The staff will be able to fit your price range and will give you a live demonstration so you can find ones that you like best and are comfortable.