Good DNS host???

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Consultant, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Looking for a domain host that offers .com renewals at a reasonable price (under $10 per year) and has a standard DNS settings page (put in domain, .

Background: friend is using 1and1 hosting. I tried to make some DNS changes, but the setting pages are awful.

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Presently NOT goDaddy :p

Today they're having either major server/network issues or DNS problems and many sites on the Internet hosted on their network including their own home page is not visible to many users throughout the Internet. It is speculated they've been DDOS attacked.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57...vice-web-sites-taken-down-in-apparent-attack/

:eek:

----------

Maybe you should describe what you didn't like about the service you tried before, or what features you would like to have? Might cut down on generic recommendations because everyone here has different skill levels and experience, i.e. a "hard to use" zone editor might be "expert mode" to some.

On a side note, goDaddy is having problems right now but their zone editing tool is very easy in my opinion with plenty of online help and technical tips available in terms of the interface itself. I do not claim it to be the best, just novice friendly. But, err, maybe try tomorrow assuming a class action lawsuit doesn't take them out of business. I am kidding.

;)

3. Consultant thread starter macrumors G5

Consultant

Yup. Read about that.

I am fine using DNS editor that looks like the attached. The 1and1 DNS tool for their web hosting account is just a bag of hurt.

Attached Files:

• DNS.jpg
      DNS.jpg
      File size:
      29.1 KB
      Views:
  4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I use FreeDNS because I host my own stuff, and I really like the interface. It's incredibly straight forward. I don't think you can actually buy a domain from them (I don't) but their DNS service has never let me down.