Good DVD Burning Program...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by portuglish08, Dec 22, 2007.

1. portuglish08 macrumors member

I just got my macbook a few months ago, but I haven't used it yet to burn DVD's. I was going to try, and then I realized there weren't any DVD burning programs that came with it. If I tried burning a whole DVD, it burns everything, and that takes more than just the normal 4.7GB disc. What program can I use to burn a DVD so it will fit on the disc, or is there a program somewhere on here that I can't find? Thanks!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

I second that, everything about it is great. You can compress movies, burn them, create your own, basically you can do anything you please!

4. portuglish08 thread starter macrumors member

5. thenetstud macrumors member

I really like Disco it's a fun app and works with everything I have thrown at it thus far.

You can read more about it at:

www.discoapp.com

6. portuglish08 thread starter macrumors member

7. itsaka macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

Disco and Toast are great disc authoring software. However, don't forget about the ability to do standard data disc burning within Finder (cd or DVD). Finder wouldn't cost you a dime. Other than the disc itself, of course. What are the type of things are you trying to accomplish in terms of burning? Macupdate.com is a good place to check out for software.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yep, burn

but i do like toast alot. disk utility is also pretty good

9. Octobot macrumors regular

Octobot

10. Octobot macrumors regular

Octobot

Neck and neck.. ;)

11. itsaka macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I feel as though roxio could have coded the animations a little bit better as I find them somewhat of poor quality. Maybe it's just me.

12. Octobot macrumors regular

Octobot

I agree.. the animations are a little wonky..
    Specifically when you click to burn and the window resizes itself to the
    progress bar.. looks like a bad mutation ;)

13. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

14. portuglish08 thread starter macrumors member

Ok guys, I'm thinking about buying Toast. Just to make sure, I have the 4.7GB DVD discs, will toast allow me to burn a movie that I own onto it? I only want the movie, not the extra features and stuff, will toast allow me to do that?

15. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

Toast rocks. get toast. toooooasty.
    on a separate note, if you looking to rip a DVD, than there are other options other than toast.
    I use mactheripper. you just select the video_ts folder, and burn.

(It does not endorse or recommend pirating, but if you are creating a back up of a dvd you already own or something than thats fine)

edit: to use mactheripper, you need to first get the whole dvd onto your computer, and get rid of any copyright protection that the dvd has. You need seperate software for this

16. arcticmonkey227 macrumors member

DVD2oneX2

I've always used MactheRipper and DVD2oneX2 to get all of my DVDs to the 4.7 limit. Never tried toast though - so just my 2 cents