Good DVD burning software

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by eleven2brett, Feb 17, 2009.

1. eleven2brett macrumors regular

I'm look for a solid DVD burning software. One that's capable of accepting a large range of file types. iDVD is cool and all, but for some reason I can never get it to take the mpeg2 files i export in Premiere.

2. xStep macrumors 68000

I thought the current Premiere came with Encore, DVD authoring software. If so, save your money and start there. If you don't have that perhaps an upgrade of some kind is in order.

The Final Cut Suite comes with DVD Studio Pro 4. Unfortunately it is not available as a standalone product anymore. You might be able to find a stand-alone copy for sale used. The version hasn't changed since it was available stand-alone. I can't say for sure it would use those files though as I'm no expert. FCS Compressor creates some kind of MPEG-2 file that DVD SP does take.

You could export the file something other than MPEG-2 for iDVD. Since iDVD will create the MPEG-2 file, I think something of high quality such as AIC (Apple Intermediate Codec) in .mov file.

3. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

DVD Studio Pro is really nice, I don't really like encore.

But DVD Studio Pro still can't do Blu-Ray.

4. Trip.Tucker Guest

5. markb06 macrumors newbie

iDVD

Hi,

Try iDVD which comes with iLife, works a treat and is easy to use

Mark

6. mwchris macrumors regular

Read

Mark, did you even read the original posters question????

Unfortunately I do not have any great suggestions in so much as your specific request, but I have had good luck with Toast. It is reasonably priced, and pretty feature rich. Just make sure you get the highest version, titanium, i think.

7. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

I don't need a lot of bells and whistles so I just use Finder to burn all my single and dual layer dvd's as well as bootable ISO images.

Definitely not feature rich but it works for me.

8. markb06 macrumors newbie

Hi sorry your right, i didn't read it correctly! I thought you meant for DVD authoring.

Yesi agree with you Toast is by far the best and so simple to use.

Mark

9. xStep macrumors 68000

The OP mentions that iDVD does not accept his MPEG-2 files. This is a strong indicator he means authoring DVDs, not just placing files on them. If that is all it was then the Finder could do that. What he is looking for is a DVD authoring compatible with his files.

10. Griffter macrumors member

Griffter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Toast is always great, will deal with most formats

11. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

My thoughts exactly.

12. eleven2brett thread starter macrumors regular

Your correct, and I apologize for not being more specific in my original post. I'm look for a good DVD authoring software.