Good dvd creating software for mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cpnotebook80, Feb 29, 2008.

1. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

I have tried using toast to create a simple dvd disc but it doesn't load avi files properly. Toast 8.03,which i have, hangs or doesn't responds. Anyone know of a different software that can burn a good dvd in short amount of time. It did recognize one avi but the audio was out of sync in the end of the burning so that sucked.I have visual hub but the settings to create a perfect dvd from avi is intimidating. Not sure about idvd since i dont want all the menus etc.
    help please and thanks

2. Amigalander macrumors regular

Visual Hub is intimidating? The main interface can't get any simpler! If the advanced options scare you, then you don't need them. What do you mean by making a "perfect" DVD?

What I would do personally:

Drag AVI's into Visual Hub on the DVD setting, but do not author as DVD. This will create VOB files. Then take those VOB files and drop them into Toast to author a DVD with menus, or autoplay options, or whatever you like. Use 2-pass on Visual Hub for best quality.