Good earbuds with a straight connector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by slw23, Nov 8, 2011.

1. slw23, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

slw23 macrumors newbie

Hoping someone can help. I have the SGP Neo Hybrid EX case (link below) on my 4S, which I love. Now I'm on the hunt for some really good ear buds that will fit, given the headphone port is now slightly recessed because of the case. Anyone have a good recommendation, preferably with a mic? The plug needs to be straight and thin like the OEM Apple earphones.

I tried the Beats by Dre Tours since the Best Buy guy said it had a straight plug- he even showed me a different Beats by Dre on display that had a straight plug and it fit. It turns out the newer Beats by Dre Tours have a headset plug that turns like a right angle, so I took them back (plus, I didn't they sounded like they were worth $150). I'm currently using Apple earbuds with the soft gels that sound OK, but they're a few years old and are a bit beat up since I use them when I work out.

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-4s/iphone-4s-case-neo-hybrid-ex-series.html

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. nexxusdev Guest

nexxusdev

Klipsch S4i, better sound quality and has inline controls/mic. Cheaper then beats too.
    http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-S4i-Premium-Noise-Isolating-3-Button/dp/B00264GYMG

3. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

4. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

I have the Skullcandy Titan ear buds and they kick ass. I got them before I got an iPhone so if I were to get another pair, I'd get the Full Metal Jackets because they have a mic and volume controls.

5. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

The S4i's can't be compared to the Titans really... they're in a league of their own at that price range.

OP, take the S4i's :)

6. slw23 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. lazybee macrumors member