I nearly bought a 12" several months ago after the last update, but decided to play it safe instead and get a Mini since this it was my first Mac. Well, obviously, I love Mac and wanted to go back and get the powerbook. I was tempted to wait for the update though, thinking it would at least be a 7448 and probably a video bump for the 12". Well, forget it. Its not worth stressing and checking the rumor site everyday, when I can use the computer now. If its a worthwhile update, probably we won't see it until late October or November. If its not a worthwhile update then I don't care when it is. Either way, the current PB is a nice computer and I'm happy I own it.