Good Experiece @ The Apple Store Today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sheppy1, Aug 27, 2010.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Hi guys, just thought I'd make a post about the experience I had at the Apple store today, basically my launch day iPhone 4 had developed a fault with the autofocus, I made an appointment last week to go into the Apple store today, so I walked into the store, went to the genius bar and explained my problems, the genius ran a few diagnostics on the phone and agreed that it was an issue and just said "We will just give you a replacement phone mate", he grabbed me a new phone, I signed a document and was out of there, all in all I was in there for about 5 minutes, no hassle, no moaning, brilliant! What's even better is that this phone seems to be a lot sturdier than my first one too, no rattling noises and no loose switches in this one. And also as a bonus it was only running 4.0.1 so I was able to go ahead and Jailbreak it too :-D This is the first time I've ever had to take a faulty product into Apple and I have to say it was a pleasant experience. Just thought I'd post my little story.

2. celticpride678

This is exactly why Apple's rated top in the industry for customer service.

3. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Always had a good experience with the genius bar!

4. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

Yup. I've gotten so many repairs and things that shouldn't have happened from the genius bar.

5. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

While I agree that I shouldn't have had that issue to begin with from phone I paid £600 for only 2 months after I bought it, I feel that their customer service is top notch and they do actually seem happy to help you unlike some other stores

6. RichBrewski macrumors member

Your new one doesn't rattle? That bugs the crap out of me with mine, haha.

7. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

No it doesn't :D I actually just thought they were supposed to rattle, just assumed it was the buttons and it had been designed like that, I shake this one though and nada, you can't hear anything

8. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

Haven't had any problems that required a stop at the Apple Shop but when I went in to purchase my MBP it was super easy. Never had that easy of a time making a purchase before.

9. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

God bless the Genius bar. I had an iPod touch that was not working after being out in the rain, but the thing got like 1 drop of water on it so it was BS that it was malfunctioning. Same deal as your iPhone, in and out in a few minutes.

10. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

This kind of service is why it makes sense to be an Apple customer. When you compare this to the "squat" service many other companies provide, it's not a tough decision at all. In addition to Apple, in my personal experience, Bose treats customers in a similar fashion!

11. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Exactly! Lets say I buy a Sony TV and it malfunctions within the 1 year warranty, I can guarantee that it would be a complete pain in the a$$ trying to claim on it and it would involve a tonne of paperwork and phone calls, you sure as hell wouldn't be able to just walk into the Sony shop with it and walk back out with a new one within the hour, that's what I'm buying more and more Apple products, they provide excellent user support and I buy a hell of a lot more things from them, everyone's a winner :D

12. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Great customer service is so worth the cost trade off. I had a prepaid phone for a while and AT&T's customer service is like paradise in comparison. Hell just the fact I can understand everything they say makes it 100x better. :p Not so much speaking highly of AT&T as how much bad customer service can put people off, although I have had some fantastic experiences with AT&T support.

It can only lead to great customer loyalty too. Why would I consider another computer when it comes time to get another, I know first hand how fantastic Apple will be any time I have issues which are almost certain to come up eventually.

If my Xbox bites the dust I am screwed until it gets sent in, fixed, and returned.

13. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Took me hours to get a proper ticket made for my original 360. The people on their tech support are outsourced and cant understand/speak English very well, so every time I'd go check the status of my repair, the address or name was wrong.

14. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

^ I'm glad I stuck to Playstation after the issues I had with the first Xbox. I really think 360 owners got stuck because they had invested (games & accessories) in the 360 before the PS3 made it to market so even when the system broke they couldn't justify starting over.

On topic, I'm glad to see that Apple has satisfied another customer. They can't make everyone happy and the forum is the first place those people come. It's nice to see someone come in here and post about a positive experience. :D

15. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Oh so wrong. Offer me a trade in for my Xbox for a brand new PS3 and equivalent games and I would turn you down. :p