Good Experience at the Apple Store/Roseville

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stockcerts, Jun 25, 2009.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I bought my new Iphone on Tuesday, but what I got home it wasn't syncing with my Mac. I thought for sure it was my Iphone. Yesterday I brought both my Mac and Iphone into the new Apple store in Roseville.

I worked with several Mac Geniuses as it was a very odd situation. Everyone was very patient and they were committed to making this right for me. Eventually the store manager lent a hand and he was able to fix the problem. Turned out being caused by corrupt files in my library folder.

It took quite a while to resolve the problem, but bottom line...they fixed it for me and I'm happy. Thanks guys!!

2. hcoteen2008 macrumors regular

+1 Good to hear this! Enjoy your new mac and new iPhone! :)

3. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

apple is always good at making good on things.

congrats. it does suck having to go though all the hoops to get it to work though.

m

4. Dezlboy macrumors regular

Big Deal! Best Buy's Geek Squad would have had you up and running in seconds! ;):eek::rolleyes::D;):cool::rolleyes::eek:

5. sam011989 macrumors regular

I used to live in Gold River, CA...right down the street from Folsom.

...........I'm sorry you live there, Sac is one of the worse places to live

6. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow, can't believe your comments about Sacramento. It's probably good for us that you moved.

7. ASTMedic macrumors newbie

My friend and I just had a less than nice expierence at the same store.

We live about 45 min away and my friends 3G's screen stopped working out of the blue. Nothing but white and everything I tried didn't seem to fix it.

So he made a Genius appt for this last sunday. We were 10 min late due to a wreck on our route and when we talked to the girl in charge of appt she was very rude. They stated that after 9 min the appt was canceled and we were SOL. We could be place on the waiting list but there was no idea how long it would be. We asked if they could text or call my phone so we could walk around but we were told no. We would have to stay in the store and they would come find us. How they would know who we were in a store of about 150 people was beyond me.

So we were going to head to the next closest store but wanted the number first so a girl at the bar said she'd look it up. She took a quick look at my friends phone and told him it would not be replace due to a mark on top of the case by the power button this told her he had dropped it. He stated it had been dropped but that was over 6 months ago and was very minor. She said that she wouldn't replace if for him and that he could try another tech since they might.

Really???? There is no set guidelines as to what they replace or don't? It's the choice of the Genius to replace it or not??

So he called apple and the rep sent him to the other store to pick up a new phone. The tech at the new store replace it without question. Didn't even have to give him the case number from the phone call to apple. The tech stated he would replace it just due to the ring/silent switch having fallen off.

I don't know if the Roseville store was having a bad day due to being packed but it was some of the worst service I've ever seen. I've never had a problem before at an apple store and this 3GS is my 3rd iPhone.

8. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Where do you live now that's so wonderful compared to Sac / Gold River??

I live in Folsom, and it's a great town. My ONLY complaint about this area is that it gets friggin' HOT in the summer. But the cost of living in cooler places like the Bay Area is simply not worth it.

Anyway, "howdy neighbor" to the OP. Haven't tried the Roseville Apple Store yet but it's nice to know I don't have to haul it all the way to Arden anymore.

9. sam011989 macrumors regular

Tucson, AZ....so it's hotter here than folsom. But i couldn't stand Sacramento. Dumb **** drivers, crazy politics, and it was very crowded. I guess I might be more aggravated cause I worked for many politicians in the sacramento area and I hated them all.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Oh yeah, Tuscon, AZ is quite special. The crime rate far exceeds everything Sacramento, CA has to offer.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Quit while you still have some sense of dignity.....

Oh yeah, congrats OP on your purchase of your Mac and your iPhone!!!

11. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess we all think you're a jerk for saying this on a forum. The remark is uncalled for. I like living near the great bike trails, short drive to the ocean, a lake, and Tahoe up the way.

I'm sure Tucson has redeeming qualities, but you're not one of them.

12. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks! I've actually had the IMac for almost two years, and just replaced my 3G with the new one. I love it! Thanks for your nice comments, and I love SF too!

13. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Gold River is a nice area. Check out the new Apple Store at the Galleria. It's in the new section and really nice!