Good Feature Phone?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ryankul, May 8, 2019.

1. ryankul macrumors regular

Considering ditching my smartphone for something more basic and using my tablet
    for everything else. Looking at Nokia 3310 which some local stores are selling for $50.
    Any other recommendations? Be nice to have a few more features but don't need
    anything crazy. I'm not a huge fan of flip phones but would consider one if it was
    the better option. I do text a lot but can do the old school texting fine. Thanks!

2. ryankul thread starter macrumors regular

3. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68040

Ulenspiegel

4. mi7chy macrumors 603

mi7chy

First choice: factory unlocked Moto E4 or ~$50 unlocked Verizon Moto E4
    Second choice: ~$70 AT&T Huawei Ascend XT2

*remove bundled SIM before turning on device

5. ryankul thread starter macrumors regular

These are both full on smartphones. Also Ive used the Ascend XT2. Too big.

Any other suggestions?

6. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

7. mi7chy macrumors 603

mi7chy

Don't use the smart features then it's just a feature phone that's upgradeable in the future if you change your mind. Don't see the point of paying more than ~$50 for a feature phone anyway.

8. pika2000 macrumors 601

The problem with feature phones today is that many are only 2G capable. You have to dig through (much) older Nokia phones to get 3G or get a carrier specific model for 4G support. Many carriers in emerging markets develop 4G/VoLtE feature phones, but they are specific to the country/carrier.

9. ryankul thread starter macrumors regular

I like the idea of that Punkt phone but just too much... I might stick it out with the Nokia 3310. I seen a LG flip phone online. Had a 5mp camera and rest was basics. Still trying to find something that will work good.

I did just order a XIAOMI QIN 1S. Usb-C and more. Hoping it works in the us. I'll let you know.