Good file downloader app?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by supermac96, Aug 7, 2011.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

I am looking for a good downloader app for my ipad. I have had the app "downloads" for my ipod touch which worked fine for me and i know there is a downloads hd for ipad but it looks like a lot of people have problems with videos downloading. Atomic web browser looks really good but it doesnt say in the description what files types it supports. Can anyone tell me what file types it supports and if i can download music and video files in it? Is that the app i should get or is there a better downloader? Also can the atomic browser be backgrounded while downloading something so like can i do something else while a file downloads? Also one more thing, with atomic can you extract files from a zip? Caus i download a lot of rap mixtapes and they all come in zip.

2. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

There's a 'lite' version of Atomic which might be worth downloading to try a few things out with... unsure of the differences between lite and paid though....

3. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

Ok thanks good idea, will try. Anyone else own atomic that can give me some info?

4. Imahottguy macrumors newbie

Atomic will download any file, and will even upload/sync to dropbox. Still, my favorite is Safari Download Manager (SDM), via Cydia. This in combination with fullscreen for Safari makes the experience nice in MobileSafari.

5. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

ya I have that for my jailbroken ipod touch and i love it but I don't want to jailbreak my ipad it is so expensive I just can't take any risks.

6. sbddude macrumors 6502a

What's the risk? If there's a problem just restore it and remove the jailbreak.

7. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

8. Heateris macrumors member

MyMedia works well for me.

i just use it for podcasts and such.

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

10. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

For now I'm just gunna use the iPhone downloads app on ipad