Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDryCleaner

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
Hi All -

I really enjoyed the Mac game Star Trek Voyager. It was a first person shooter game where (of course) I could compete against others over the web. Great maps, really fun game.

So, my question is are there some recommendations of games out there that are some excellent first person shooter games for iPhone? Also, wanna let me know which ones you think are horrible and I should avoid? I certainly would like to have a game that I can play against other people over the web and (if possible) I can speak to or text to during game play.

thanks!

robj

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2009
Madrid, Spain
It's a oldie, but I love Wolfestein 3D. It runs smoothly on the iphone and you can control it very well.

I found most of the FPS games in Appstore has crappy controls

Psycdude

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2008
I would also recommend N.O.V.A- A Halo like one, top of my list.
Then there is also Sand Storm, a Call of Duty clone.
Both are fun, with N.O.V.A being a bit more polished...Personally I think that it will be hard to really get a great FPS experience on the iPhone, especially with your fingers in front of the action but these are good enough.

-Now why can't we get an controller attachment?

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
I'm gonna second nova and digress from recommending Eliminate Pro.

Eliminate pro, is a money grabbing, buy power ups in order to remain competitive, kinda game.

Nova however is a polished, Halo clone that delivers. I also contains great online play.

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
Eliminate Pro - Love this game. Sure, people complain about the money they charge for extra cells, I get it. But I've had this game from the start and I'm on level 50, fully upgraded weapon and armor and I've only bought $3 worth of cells. I've played countless games without an energized suit and it's just as fun.

NOVA's awesome too.

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
I agree with all of the above. I really like Nova, Eliminate Pro, Sandstorm & Wolfenstein. All great games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.