Good for Enterprise and fingerprint sensor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RMSko, Sep 17, 2013.

1. RMSko macrumors regular

Does anyone know if there are plans for the Good for Enterprise iPhone app to incorporate the new iPhone's fingerprint sensor into its security? Admittedly corporate IT departments would need to get comfortable with it, but once that happens, it would be so much better than having to enter a password.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I'm sure apple has plans for this. Whether or not this ever comes into reality is another story altogether.

Seems like a great idea though but I wouldn't expect this sort of thing to happen for another 5 years down the road.

3. fark macrumors regular

Are you saying there aren't APIs for developers to access the finger print information?

4. phositadc macrumors 6502

I've had the same thought and would LOVE it if this happened, but since Apple has locked down the fingerprint sensor for now I don't think we will see this anytime soon.

5. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I can ask my GOOD account manager. They just sent us information bout customers that update to iOS7.

6. fark macrumors regular

From our Good tech rep...

"Apple does not have an API yet for App developers to integrate into their code. When they do, I’m sure the functionality will appear on the roadmap and we’ll let you know it will be leveraged to authenticate into Good for Enterprise and Good Dynamics Apps.

If you’re referring to Touch ID as a Device Level Authentication mechanism, within our iOS MDM capability, we will allow Customers to enforce the Touch ID (as well as Passwords/PINs on older iOS Devices) and we will also be able to report on whether Touch ID is used by the user on the iPhone 5S. That will come in an upcoming GMC Service Release and I’m waiting to hear on a timeframe for that."

7. RMSko thread starter macrumors regular

That would be great if you could ask. Any info would be helpful.

8. RMSko thread starter macrumors regular

9. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Good just announced layoffs of 140 people which is 10% of their workforce. Don't think they are in any rush to make changes.

10. 5enohpi macrumors regular

5enohpi

It's upto your IT dept. my employer restricts the simplest functions like copy/paste.