Good for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sl33t, Feb 5, 2012.

1. sl33t macrumors regular

Ok, so I mainly just surf the web. But sometimes, I edit photos and videos with photoshop, after effects, and premiere pro. Usually only one of those at once. I also occasionally play Minecraft. Would this suit my needs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/27090445966...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1581wt_1185

My budget is $500. No more than that! Please let me know if this would suit my needs or if there is something in my price range that would be better. I am open to a desktop mac, however I would prefer a notebook. Thanks

-Sl33t

2. malman89 macrumors 68000

I don't know about After Effects or Premier Pro, but for everything else that model is more than sufficient for those needs. Mine's a Late 2006 and runs CS5.5 fine, Minecraft fine, and Microsoft Office 2011 and browses just fine.

Then again, I would personally prefer something new for maybe a little over $500 (Windows laptop, desktop) than a used model. A warranty and better internals and all.

I would wonder about battery health and actual condition of the unit, but besides that, it looks fine if that's what you want.