Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

torndownunit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Can someone recommend a good, free, simple to setup method for monitoring site traffic and stats?

I know about Googles tools and I use them. But the client likely won't want to sign up for Google. He will just want easy access to a page he can view with stats. He won't want any logos from the free services out there on his pages either though.

I assume this will require a php script (?) but there are a million out there to sort through. I am looking for some recommendations to narrow that down.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I use AWStats for my site. I think it uses Perl to process the web server logs and I can access the sites through a URL, so after the setup there's nothing more to do. There are other log processing software too.

ChicoWeb

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2004
California
I use AWStats for my site. I think it uses Perl to process the web server logs and I can access the sites through a URL, so after the setup there's nothing more to do. There are other log processing software too.

Ditto. But if you can't be arsed to create a login, AwStats may be slightly complicated install. I use extreme tracking myself, and it costs me about 15 bucks a quarter but I like it a lot. Again, an account will have to be created though. I can't believe someone would be that lazy.

Or is this going to be one of those threads where a spammer buddy comes in and drops a URL?

torndownunit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
No. The site owner just has no computer know-how whatsoever, and is as lazy as they come. There are plenty of people out there in the same vote. I just want to set something up so he can just bookmark a page and look at it when he wants updates. Because that is what he wants.

If he had decent hosting, I'm sure it would have included something. But he doesn't, so I am looking for something to set up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.