Good Friday release??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rossy100, Mar 11, 2016.

1. rossy100 macrumors 6502

When the forthcoming announcement was pencilled in to be March 15th - the rumours were all stating a likely release of the new iPads on the Friday of that same week.

If this is to hold true with the event now confirmed as 21st March, that would mean a release date of Friday 25th which is also Good Friday (a public holiday in many countries).

Do we think that Apple would have this as a release date? Or is it more likely to be the Friday of the following week (hopefully with pre-orders).

2. WRXiceman macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

I personally would love if it's released on good Friday as I'd be off work to have a play, but I don't think it will be. I think the following Friday would seem more likely.

3. Bentron macrumors 6502

I reckon pre-orders may start on Good Friday. With the bigger updates Apple do like to build the hype a bit by having a pre-order window rather than just a Mac processor upgrade say. Would love to be wrong though! I'd be tempted to wait in line which, as a teacher, wouldn't normally be able to do on a work day.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Who knows, I mean it may be available that Monday, the sooner the better for me, because I'm looking to get their new iPhone.

5. stevemiller macrumors 68000

sir i thank you for your service in keeping the market for 4" alive until my next upgrade cycle :)

6. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber