Good FTP program

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Hello all,

I am looking for a good FTP client. I have tried several and none give m what i need. I would like the client to be slip in half, one side to brows the server im connected to and the other to browse my computer. then all i have to do is drag it to the other side to DL it or UL it.

There has to be one out there, I have looked but cant find one.

if you know of one please let me know...

BTW preferably free!!!

Graeme A

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
i would recommend Panic if you are willing to pay the few $$, or Fugu for free.

I used both, and while panic took precedence, I paid for it... i was going to use it, fugu is just as good...

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
I use CuteFTP and the one that comes with Dreamweaver, they work.

But I am interested with Fugu, could you link it please.

dreamsINdigital

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Graeme A said:
i would recommend Panic if you are willing to pay the few $$, or Fugu for free.

I used both, and while panic took precedence, I paid for it... i was going to use it, fugu is just as good...
Actually, the program is Transmit and Panic is the company that makes it. This is the one I recommend also.

I believe you can use it for free, but just after 15 days the Sessions/Favorites is limited.

zwida

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2001
NYC
dreamsINdigital said:
Actually, the program is Transmit and Panic is the company that makes it. This is the one I recommend also.

I believe you can use it for free, but just after 15 days the Sessions/Favorites is limited.
Another vote here for Transmit. It's the best FTP app I've used.

Graeme A

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
dreamsINdigital said:
True... It has been a while since I used it though as I have to use Absolute FTP on a PC at the moment UGH!... Transmit is the dogs boll**** of FTP clients.

Fugu got a mention on the Mac Geek Gab podcast for good free, open source apps this week.

dwishbone

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
On the Moon
another vote for CyberDuck. its good, nice interface,well featured, and free.
Transmit isnt free anymore is it? it was good when i used to use it.

Squiggy

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2006
California
I am a student, and my "website" is a place to have fun messing around with HTML and the like. I have come to love Cyberduck, and it gets my vote. (Check out Smultron if you need a functionality, simplicity and a really good UI in a text editor for the web.)

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
forget all these foolish programs and just use mac os ten's built in ftp browser
finder>go>connect to server

Arrandale

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Cyberduck is great. I use it for all my ftp needs.

I wish they'd build in a better file browser though. The current one is really bothersome to navigate through. Some web-based CMSes have far better file management than Cyberduck.