Good games for grandma -- preferably in Chinese?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by wowoah, Nov 27, 2008.

1. wowoah macrumors regular

Hi everyone! My 80 year old grandma's PC just died (she's had the thing for EIGHTEEN YEARS, it was a 33MHz 386) and all her favorite little shareware games along with it. I'm trying to set up a new Mac for her with Simple Finder so she can play.

Does anyone have some recommendations for good, easy-to-learn games for older folks? Card games and such are her favorite.

Plus, my grandma doesn't speak English. She learned to play games on the old PC through memorization, but if anyone knows where I can find Chinese language shareware games for the Mac, that would be really great.

Thanks!!

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Not trying to stereotype her Asian-ness, but it's hard to beat Mahjong solitaire for a simple, addictive game. There's really very little you need to read, it's fairly self-explanatory. I gave it to both my mom and my girlfriend and they are both addicted to it, even though they don't even play computer games. Try Game House, Big Fish Games, and Freeverse. All of those sites have various Mahjong games and tons of other fun, simple games including card games.

3. BayouBengal macrumors regular

I've got Hoyle Card Games, it's got stuff like Gin, Cribbage, Bridge, Canasta, etc...... It has some english dialogue but it's all pointless banter by the AI with no real effect on the game.