Good games for my iMac G5?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by PowerGamerX, Aug 12, 2009.

1. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

I just would like some suggestions on some games that would run good on my iMac G5. I would prefer to max resolution even if I can't have any of the settings turned up and still get 25+ frames per second. I have the 2.1ghz with 2gb of ram.

Thanks

2. Zortrium macrumors 6502

Should we assume by your 25+ fps requirement that you're looking for first person shooters only?

3. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

Off the top of my head the following Feral games will run on your Mac without trouble. Almost all of them have free demos here :- Feral Downloads Site

XIII - 3D Cell shaded shooter
    Colin McRae Rally Mac - Rally Racing Game
    Sid Meiers Pirates! - Adventure game
    Commandos Battle Pack - War Team Strategy
    Fable TLC - RPG
    LEGO Star Wars II - Kids RPG
    Imperial Glory - Strategy
    Worms 3D - Worms with guns....
    The Movies Superstar - Make Your own films and run a studio (a bit like Theme Park).

Disclaimer : I worked on all these games but as nobody had answered with any suggestions I thought I would point you in the right direction for some demos. :)

You can also search Mac Game Files for games (PPC titles) as you have a G5 you should be OK for anything that is PPC compatible.

Cheers,

Edwin

4. PowerGamerX thread starter macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

FPS: Frames per second

lol.

Also I just checked system profiler, I actually have the 2.1ghz model. (Which would explain the iSight)

5. Zortrium macrumors 6502

Right, I got that. What I was getting at is that maintaining a specific framerate is usually only a major concern in an FPS. For example, I played Civilization 4 a lot on an iMac G5 similar to yours and was happy with the experience, but in large games the framerate tended to chug sometimes. Since it's not a first-person shooter, though, it wasn't a big deal.

6. PowerGamerX thread starter macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

I get a headache if its under 25 or over 45 usually :p. Depends on the game true, I could probably live with 15 on Civilization 4, but i'm a huge RTS, Racing, and Western-RPG fan.