Good German CD's

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacAodh, Apr 6, 2008.

1. MacAodh macrumors regular

Hi all,
    I learnt German in school but never got much further then being able to have a basic conversation with someone. Now that I'm about to finish college i was hoping to get some good German practice in and was going to do that by way of those programs such as rosseta stone (which seams to be the best but not available for macs.) has anyone used any of these and are there any available for macs or would i be better investing in a €200 desktop and use the good ones?

2. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Rosetta Stone is available for Macs. That's what I use....on my Mac.

3. NightFlight macrumors 6502

NightFlight

Rosetta Stone works very well. It is what my company uses to train employees going to different countries for extended periods of time. It is a good thing I am already fluent in German! :)

4. MacAodh thread starter macrumors regular

I heard that Rosetta Stone for a mac is not very good? I was told it was very basic compared to the windows version?

5. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

RS Mac/Windows is the same product/content -- just different graphical user interfaces I believe

6. OMgLaZeRsPeWpEW macrumors member

OMgLaZeRsPeWpEW

regarding rosetta stone, i know they just released a new version (3.0 I believe) on the PC platform...does anyone know if it was also released for mac?

7. MacHipster macrumors 6502

It's the same disk, they don't make a Windows version or a Mac version. In other words: No, it's just as good as on Windows and yes, it's released for OS X.