Good/Great Resume Building Software for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ksizzle9, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I ALWAYS post in the iPhone forums, and a little in the plain ole MacBook forums. Well as of about 3 weeks ago I am a Proud owner of a new 13.3 inch MBP i5!!! yay for me! lol sorry just loving this thing.

anyway, back to my question, I'm looking for some of, if not the best Mac resume building software as my wife and I are graduating college in a couple of months and need to get started building our resumes. Thanks for any help, I have googled around a bunch and can't seem to get a good solid clue as to whats the best. Any help would be appreciated!!!

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Good old microsoft word should do the trick. Shouldn't need anything fancy to put together a resume, honestly.

3. Ksizzle9, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

Ksizzle9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I've got word '11 but honestly the main reason is we are also trying to help our mother in law. She has been employed in the same industry for about 20+ years and is looking for something that is a little easier. The wife and I will be using word but I was looking for something that would be a bit easier for her. As she is only visiting us, but we are loaning her our older MacBook and I need to know what software to Buy/Put on it before she leaves today. Thanks for the response but not quite what i was looking for, that is def what the wife and i will be using but something a little easier for her.

If i were to use word is there some sort of template that i could/should use? ALso, would still love to know about some solid software. Thanks in advance.

4. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Pages is pretty easy and would be fine for a resume. Has a number of built in templates as well. Pages is a lot cheaper than Word.

5. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Word resume templates? Can't get easier than that. Load some of those up and have her choose which ones she likes and just put in her info

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Using Word with a resume template, as others have suggested, is more than sufficient for this. I don't know of any app that's restricted to only writing resumes. It would be a waste, since Word or Pages can do that well, along with any other type of document creation.

7. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

Ye gods I am an idiot. I have been reading this whole thread with the word resume, being pronounced in my head as resum, not as resum-ay. I see now that you mean CV software. doh.

And OP married at college? Ouch. AH, just checked, I think you meant what I would refer to as a University.