Good grief, can someone please help me

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iLoveMyApple, Feb 26, 2009.

1. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

So my sister put a folder on the desktop with pictures from her BlackBerry that she bluetoothed to the computer. When she left I clicked the Finder icon in the dock and dragged the folder and put it in the Finder's sidebar (the one with applications, music, movies, etc). It went there sucessfully and I closed out of Finder. I went back into Finder later and it wasn't there anymore! Now she's mad at me and I've been looking all over the place for that file, because I NEVER put it in the trash! I tried Spotlight and that found nothing. I can't even find the pictures she bluetoothed. Can someone please help me? I'll NEVER hear the end of this!

2. iLoveMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

By the way..I'm on the white Intel iMac running Tiger 10.4.11

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, you'll get a lot better responses to your posts if you use a thread title that describes your problem, such as "Lost files from Bluetooth connection" rather than "Good grief..."

From From the Forum Rules:
    It sounds like your sister didn't actually copy files from the BlackBerry to the Mac. When a Bluetooth connection was made, you were probably just viewing the folder as it appears on her BlackBerry. Then, when she broke the connection, the folder disappeared, because you were no longer connected. Same as if you plugged in an external hard drive and were viewing a folder, then unplugged it. The folder would be gone. If you dragged the folder to the Finder window, you most likely only made an alias, pointing to the folder on the BlackBerry, rather than actually copying the files.

4. iLoveMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

The folder had been on the desktop for a day until I finally moved it

5. Dale124 macrumors member

Do you have an external hard drive for time machine?
    If so, perhaps you can go back in time and find it there.

6. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza